To Our Visitors
Perkins House Museum will be closed for the 2017 season so that work can be undertaken to address structural issues. Our top priority is to ensure the safety of staff and visitors while this preservation project goes forward. The museum is expected to re-open in 2018.
During this closure, staff at the adjacent Queen’s County Museum are available to interpret the outside of Perkins House Museum and to inform visitors about the historical importance of this heritage building and Simeon Perkins. Selected pages of the diary that Perkins wrote between 1766 and 1812 are also on display at the Queen’s County Museum.
For further information go to QueensCountyMuseum.com or call (902) 354-4058.
We understand and appreciate public concerns over the closure of this site and will continue to communicate any changes on the status of the museum through this website.
A Colonial Treasure
This house was built in 1766 for Simeon Perkins, merchant, judge and Member of the Assembly. Perkins was best known for the remarkable diary he kept.
Some of the accounts in his diary provide vivid details of:
- Everyday life in a colonial town
- Process of building of his house, now the Perkins House Museum
- His family's smallpox inoculation